Alison Cork styles the nation on a budget at Ideal Home Show 2012
COUCH IS BACK! And with vengeance! The past few weeks have been turned upside down and I’m so glad to get back on the blogeratti bandwagon!
So where do I start? Gosh there’s soooooo much sizzle I have ready to unleash, but as it’s my have interiors show of the year I had to start with the Ideal home Show! Yes, it’s that time of year again, when all you need to fix up the home is under one roof. And Couch Design News will be there sifting through the stock to find the most exciting designs, products and celeb action.
Now here at couch, we’re big fans of thrifting and cutting up a bargain. So, we just love the fact TV home and interiors expert and renowned bargain hunter Alison Cork will be at the show, helping people to get a designer look at a dazzling discount.
Alison, who also writes for The Daily Telegraph, will launch a brand new interactive shopping experience – ‘Get the Look for Less’ at The Ideal Home Show 2012, , running from the 16th March – 1st April 2012 at London’s Earls Court. Within this new section, Alison will create a series of four room sets in which Alison will recommend products to visitors to get the key trends and the best of breed products at exclusively discounted prices.
As the country’s oldest and biggest home show, an expected 270,000 visitors will enjoy Alison’s seductive Palm Springs Boudoir, relaxing Japanese Serene Bathroom, chic Nordic Glamour Kitchen and sophisticated Modern Country Sitting Room across the 17 day event.
Taking inspiration from her set’s – Alison offers tips on how to ‘Get the Look for Less’
- Use colour to bring atmosphere and character to your room – it’s the most cost effective decorating tool there is
- Texture and tone are also important – a tactile bedspread, even if it is not pure silk or satin, sends out a message of luxury and sensuality, perfect for the bedroom.
- Spend money on a feature item and keep the rest of the room simple. You’ll get the wow factor and stay within budget. A standalone bath is a good example of how one item can take centre stage.
- Think about up cycling existing furniture. You can totally transform a plain dressing table into something glamorous by simply sticking on mirrored glass panels, which can be bought cheaply from any glass show.
- Don’t be afraid to mix your favourite old interiors items with new ones. It keeps costs down and gives a room a real sense of individuality
- Alison’s ‘Get the Look for Less’ room sets will be situated within ideal Interiors sponsored by Dulux, and open for visitors to tour throughout the 17 day event. Everything visitors see on the sets can be bought at a discount either at the Show or online.